www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Juvederm, Restylane & Dermal Fillers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Restylane vs Juvederm Poll

Don't know if it's worth starting a poll since Juvederm is so new and not that many people seem to have tried it.

What do you prefer? Restylane or Juvederm?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:19 PM

I have absolutely no problems with restylane.

What is Juvederm exactly?
Old 07-04-2007, 09:49 PM

Juvederm is another filler that claims it lasts for 9-12months. Basically just another brand of restylane.

They seem to be pushing quite hard but I don't know anyone who's had it yet
Old 15-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Mr doctor was one of the first to be involved with the trial for juvederm so I got mine for really cheap

I quite like it. Its much softer than restylane and it lasted me more than 7 months now. I got it done for my lips and I'll be asking for it again when I need my lips plumped out a bit more
Old 16-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Restylane vs Juvederm

I've so far only had Restylane, so can't comment on Juvederm yet.
I really like Restylane. It's a nice product that gives a nice perky look to the lips. I've only had one bruise in about 6 times of getting my lips done. No other real issues. I've had Perlane which is the thicker formula from the same company and found it was a bit unnatural looking.

Compared to collagen (yes, I've been dabblin in this a long time!) which made your lips swell up tremendously and only lasted 8 weeks or so, it's a huge improvement.

Quick internet search says Juvederm might last longer and is even softer. Possibly just marketing hype though? But, since it's from Allergan(the botox people) it probably is pretty safe at least. I'll try it and do a Juvederm Review when I get my touch up later this month.
Old 17-05-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm a long term resty girl.

But I recently got talked in to trying some juvederm. My Doc was one of the people trialing it and it was .

Its quite nice. A lot softer and more natural feeling than restylane. I've only had it 6 months so I'm not sure about the longevity. So far now worse than restylane.

I'm not convinced about the look though. It is a lot softer but the pay off seems to be less visible "plumping." its just not as stiff so it didn't define my lips as much as I like. Not bad just different. I'm still undecided
Old 29-05-2007, 07:19 AM

I used to get collagen injected into my lips.

Restylane is fantastic compared to the bad old days. It lasts almost 4 times as long. And it just looks better and more natural. My lips look far better than they ever did with collagen.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:35 PM

I never get fillers for the lips.

But I get them for jowl lines and some of my deep lines of the forehead. I was always used to get restylane and loved the effect.

My doctor convinced me to go with Juvederm because it was brand new and will theoretically last longer. Something about more cross linked acids. I actually really liked the stuff. Its much softer and more natural feeling.

I've only had it in for 3 months now so I can't talk about the longevity. I do know that if its lasts for at least as long as restylane I will be a convert based purely on how it feels.
Old 21-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Smile

I want to get my top lip plumped for the first time and this forum is really helpful. I would love some recommendations of good work in Sydney. I don't mind if its a doctor or nurse injector as long as they are experienced and do a good job.

Please PM me
Old 21-06-2007, 07:16 PM

Please check PM for recommendations.

They are Cosmetic Doctors rather than nurse injectors but they are really experienced. They've been doing cosmetic medicine for almost 20 years!

I wholeheartedly recommend them. If anyone else needs an injector just PM me and I can pass on the details