www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Botox Forum
User Name
Password

Old 01-07-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Don't want "nicole kidman" look

Well the post says it all. I was interested in botox but really don't want to end up looking like some of those "frozen" stars. Is this a side-effect of botox? is it avoidable?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam@netball
Well the post says it all. I was interested in botox but really don't want to end up looking like some of those "frozen" stars. Is this a side-effect of botox? is it avoidable?
Hi sam@netball. I've had a long long chat to my doctor about not wanting to appear frozen. She says most good doctors can achieve a range of effects. It seems to be fashionable to only immobilise the unwanted lines whilst leaving the rest of your facial expressions intact. I have been very happy with the results I am getting. My skin is much smoother and no has picked me with that "botox" look
Old 02-07-2006, 11:39 PM

Hmmm signature was all wrong. Must have fallen asleep.

The correct e-mail is

remove nospam for kim.sutherland@bigpond.nospam.net.au
Old 10-07-2006, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Hi sam,

I've been getting botox regularly for 2 years. None of my friends know unless I have told them about it! I specifically ask my doctor to only immobilise my crow's feet and the frown lines that are starting across my forehead. The rest of my facial expressions are fully intact. Even my kids still know when I am about to get very angry. I most definitely do not have that "frozen" look of some of the big hollywood stars.
Old 22-07-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Hi Sam. I'm with Jomol31 on this one. I've been getting it every 5 months for well 15months now and have never looked back. I started off with crow's feet and as I got used to my look I've been getting more adventurous. I'm going to try reshaping my cheeks to a more oval shape next time around.
Old 17-08-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Botox addictive??

Hi guys,

I can clearly remember when I first heard about botox some of my friends told me the procedure was addictive. I have to admit I just laughed at them. I've never heard anyone say getting needles, no matter how small, is addictive.

But really once you do start with something small, like crow's feet, you find yourself becoming more daring and trying out new thing that botox can do for you.

I see a doctor in melbourne who works under one of Melbourne's top dermatologists. I have now gone from getting my crow's feet done to gently reshaping my cheeks and evening enhancing my lips.

The best thing about botox is that wears off in 3-5 months. So you can gradually fine tune the effect you want or even just abandon the look altogether. It is thoroughly addictive though.
Old 17-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
Hi guys,

I can clearly remember when I first heard about botox some of my friends told me the procedure was addictive. I have to admit I just laughed at them. I've never heard anyone say getting needles, no matter how small, is addictive.

But really once you do start with something small, like crow's feet, you find yourself becoming more daring and trying out new thing that botox can do for you.

I see a doctor in melbourne who works under one of Melbourne's top dermatologists. I have now gone from getting my crow's feet done to gently reshaping my cheeks and evening enhancing my lips.

The best thing about botox is that wears off in 3-5 months. So you can gradually fine tune the effect you want or even just abandon the look altogether. It is thoroughly addictive though.

Hi yasmin,

In my experience this is very true.

People often start off quite modest. Over time our patients work with us to gradually refine the look they want. I find a lot of first time patients do not want the frozen look or for it to be obvious they have had botox. I tend to selectively target just a few of the small muscles around the eyes. The result is a subtle, fresh and smooth look. The eyes are slightly larger and there are far less lines around the face when they smile or frown. My patients just get the comment from their friends that they look fresher or that they got a good night's rest. None of them were guessed to have had botox. As my patient and I get to know each other better we can gradually tweek the look. Some people want subtley reshaped mouths and sometimes people want to experiment with the frozen hollywood look.
Old 27-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Nicole kidman simply looks great even though she is using botox. nicolekidmanworld
The best thing about botox is that wears off in 3-5 months. So you can gradually fine tune the effect you want or even just abandon the look altogether. It is thoroughly addictive though.[/quote]
Old 29-08-2008, 11:40 AM

Talking Here here!

Carmen,

I couldn't have said it better myself. It sounds strange but botox really is like an addictive drug. You start off small, just a tiny frown line, and before you know it you have a $1200 a quarter habit.
Old 21-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

Default Nicole Kidman and the rest

Why is it only Nic getting ridiculed?
What about Sonia Kruger? She has started to look like Nic. Both has that squarish forehead.
What about Bert Newton. Which reminds me to ask the question. Why Dr's haven't or not able to perfect the art of male face lifts? I can't say I have seen one that is not obvious, and looks fantastic.