www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Botox Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Why don't Plastic Surgeons do their own Botox Injecting?

I thought I would pose this question to the forum.

I've travelled and rung a lot of plastic surgeons only to be told the actual injecting is done by a "very experienced" nurse injector.

In fact I've universally come across so many "very experienced nurse injectors" it makes me wonder where all the non-experienced nurse injectors are working to become "very experienced" in the first place!

But why don't the plastic surgeons do their own injecting? I mean if I were to finally get a boob job and correct the damage done by breast feeding 3 *****ren I'ld be pretty upset if a a "very experienced nurse operator" were doing the operation.

Theories people?
Old 14-06-2007, 05:35 PM

Maybe its because the plastic surgeon is so busy operating all day he doesn't actually do that much injecting.

I know my nurse injected 3 full days a week. She thinks her injecting skill are better than her boss'.
Old 14-06-2007, 05:38 PM

I hadn't thought of that Nadine.

I guess there is every possibility the nurse's end up doing more injecting. After all if a surgeon isn't constantly operating I guess he's not much of a surgeon.

I always just figured at $600 a tube of restylane which takes about 30 minutes compared to $15,000 for a pair of breasts that takes 45 minutes its just not worth the surgeon's time to do the injecting himself.
Old 14-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Hmmmmmmmm,

is there a problem with the forum.

Some of my posts seem to be appearing under the wrong threads.
Old 14-06-2007, 06:44 PM

Sorry Jomol31.

There was indeed a mix up on the forum with several posts appearing under the wrong threads.

A brand new update, upgrade and renaming of this forum is underway so there might be a few technical glitches over the next 4 weeks.

The advantages of this period of disruption will be a much sleeker design, the ability to post photos and avatars and increased security.

As Australia's leading cosmetic medical forum we attract a lot of spam and hacking attempts and this will be the best way to ensure the high quality of the forum
Old 14-06-2007, 10:47 PM

I agree the only reason plastic surgeons don't do injecting is because from an economics view the case doesn't stack up.

Lets do some quick calculations

1. Liposuction for legs about $10,000
2. Breast implants anywhere from $15-20,000

It takes them a bit less than an hour to do each operation. According to extreme makeover liposuction can be as quick as 30 minutes.

Now for Botox or fillers its something like at best:

$500 a patient
4 patients an hour

Thats about $2000 an hour. Its much much more effective for them to be operating than injecting.

Thats why I think they get a whole series of nurses to do it for them whilst they are busy doing what they do best. Operating.

Personally I think they should just leave the injecting to Doctors who have the time to do it themselves like dermatologists or cosmetic doctors.
Old 14-06-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Heart Surgery is way cheaper!

10 grand for getting a bit of fat sucked out of your legs????!!!!!!!!!!

20 grand to get some guy to make a cut in your chest, stuff a bag of silicone in, and then sew the hole back up over minutes????!!!!

Anywhere between 10-20 grand for an operation that takes 30 minutes

Godddamnnnnn!

My old man got open heart surgery and a quadruple bypass from the best cardiac surgeon in town. The operation took 2 hours and we only had to shell out 12 grand for that!

The surgeon was great. He was telling us about his dual heart-lung transplant operations that take 24 hours. And he gets paid NOTHING for it. Its all done in the public hospital.

I think the plastic surgeons are way overpaid in comparison. After all this doctor saved my dad's life. In fact he saves a life every time he operates.

P.S. Are we allowed to mention cardiac surgeons by name on the forum? Is it only the cosmetic people we aren't allowed to mention? If anyone needs a cardiac surgeon for themselves or relatives I would be happy to PM them.
Old 15-06-2007, 06:42 AM

I think plastic surgeons are the dominent people in botox injecting because they pioneered the techniques.

Its a historical thing
Old 15-06-2007, 06:48 AM

Talking underpaid cardiac surgeons

Bigbadjohn.

I feel so sorry for your poor, destitute, underpaid cardiac surgeon.

I think you must be the first person in the history of medicine to make the imputation heart surgeons are underpaid.

Just out of interest what sort of car did your surgeon roll up in? I bet it wasn't a hospital issued commodore ...... notwithstanding underpaid 24h marathon surgeries or not
Old 15-06-2007, 06:57 AM

hehehehe

Point taken. I didn't see the car but apparently its a top-of-the-line Porsche.

I think I just wanted to make the point cardiac surgeons are underpaid relative to plastic surgeons.

Neither of them are exactly poor but the plastic surgeons are charging crazy high prices.

I think its a damning indictment on our society when we value "liposuction" more highly than "open heart surgery". After all its not really the surgeons fault.

They only charge what we as the public are willing to pay. And people are willing to pay anything to get the best cosmetic work