www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Juvederm, Restylane & Dermal Fillers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 AM

I too think permanence is overrated.

I'm the sort of person who is responsible for dinner lasting an extra hour because I can't decide what to get on the menu.

And even then I send the waitor scurrying back to change me order to that delicious looking thing the table next door is getting.

Heaven forbid I should be stuck with anything permanent in my face!

Its nice to have the flexibility to change and tweak things over time.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:00 PM

This might have been discussed a bit in the restylane vs juvederm poll.

But for people who have had it which lasts longer in the lips?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Default dermalive

Hi
I had a granulomas reaction, which caused huge hard lumps to grow throughout my lips, I have stopped the steroids, obviously wasnt doing me any favours, it actually made it worse, I have started to see a new doctor with a new treatment with lasers and getting them cut out, which has been scary..... the doctor is saying two to four years.....fingers crossed...

[QUOTE=Tanny;4799]that sounds terrible penelope.

What sort of reaction did you have?

Has anyone suggested anything else other than steroid injections. Obviosuly after 40 goes steroid injections don't sound like the best solution.[/QUOTE]
Old 21-02-2008, 08:31 AM

Default Artecoll

Hi

I had Artecoll injected into and around my lips years ago (maybe 5 years or more, can't remember). I had a reaction in 2004 where my lips were huge and hard lumps formed.. they stayed that way for about 6 weeks, then they went back to normal. Now about a month ago, it happened again, my lips are not swollen as much,.. just slightly,. but the lumps are there again and I don't know how to get rid of the lumps. No one has noticed the lips being swollen,. (they are less swollen now) but the lumps around my mouth are noticible and I hate it. There is no pain though.

I wrote to the doctor who did the procedure to find out what to do but he has not returned my THREE emails to him.

Would I go permanent again? I don't think so but my lips are really beautiful when I am not having this reaction and the only reason I went permanent was because of the PAIN. It wasn't to save money. So now,. is there anything I can take to reduce the lumps?

Thanks all.
Old 13-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Default permanent tattoo

I had my eyebrows and eyeliner permanently tattoo'd and love it. It was only 12 months ago though.... i was thinking of doing my lips but after reading the earlier posts i think not anymore....
Old 18-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Yes ,cosmetic and dental upkeep is an ongoing thing. I have had teeth fillings replaced several times and polished every now and again and redone something else and fixed this and that and cost me heaps for the privilege. So to spend 1200 dollars on some lip filler (juvederm) is no biggie. And I will undoubtedly have to repeat this performance at a later date.......Just hope I have a different lead actor.........yowzer the other one hurt.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Banned

Smile

Dermal filler is one of the safest and effective way for lips these days. You may definitely go through this without any problem.