www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Juvederm, Restylane & Dermal Fillers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-01-2009, 01:16 PM

hi i decided to join this board right after i discovered dermal fillers. im a 22 yr old male who's had sunken eyes for the past 3 years ive lived with dark circles all my life because of my skin complexion so that's no problem its just i have a depression in my tear trough which makes me look tired and this inavsive procedure would be perfect! If anyone in Melboune who's thinking about this or has had it done i would love to hear from you on your experiences and also good practioners. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM

I saw some before and after pictures on Kiora's website. But I'ld like to know if someone has had experience with filling the eyes as well.

Can they PM me recommendations?
Old 13-02-2009, 12:22 AM

Been awhile since I visited back.

Please check your PM's googly bear
Old 16-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default Dermal fillers for tear troughs

Hi everyone,

This area certainly seems to be the hot area for dermal fillers at the moment. Our website designed (thanks CMW webmaster) has finally got around to putting up a patient photo portfolio on our website and you can see the remarkable change this can make for patients at the *******. Just click on this link to go straight to the photo. It is a bit artificial because the patients head is looking downwards emphasising the volume deficit around her eyes but it does illustrate the dramatic difference we can make to this area.

Link:
[URL="http://www.kiora.com.au/gallery_melbourne.htm#teartroughrestylane"]Filling [I][B]Tear Troughs[/B][/I] - split face photo [/URL]

Filling the tear troughs can be a very effective way of rejuvenating the face. In my opinion the two main areas that can suddenly age the face are the lips and the eyes.

I think cartoonists are pretty clever people and they can identify a person (caricature) with just a few brush strokes. Invariably if they have to draw an old person they will always draw the lips first (thin prune lips) and then probably the eyes (sunken eyes). I think fillers used in these areas is probably the most anti-aging thing you can do non-surgically.

Not all eyes are suitable to be filled, however, many people's eyes are aged by the bags that accumulate beneath them. Adding fillers to this area just emphasises the problem. The issue is further complicated by the fact many people have a combination of problems ie sunken eyes with bags just beneath them.

The end result is we usually don't try to fully correct sunken eyes. If you overfill the tear trough by even the tiniest of margins you create a heaviness or a bag that is aging. At Kiora we usually aim to undercorrect slightly and improve the sunken tear trough by about 50-80% (depending on how brave I feel). You mightn't get a full correction but the overall result is a remarkable improvement.

The other great thing about fillers in this area is because there is very little facial movement in this area the fillers tend to persist almost twice as long about 12-18 months.

I hope this helps everyone looking at this very popular thread.
www.kiora.com.au

Last edited by doctornev : 16-02-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: updated photo portfolio link
Old 30-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to have either Restylane or Juvederm injected to my tear trough area, can anyone recommend a good practitioner in Melbourne or anywhere in VIC that is really good?
Thanks.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:30 PM

Hi all... I am new to this forum and would also like to have my tear troughs injected with either restylane or juvederm. Can someone pm with recommendations for a good doctor(s) in the Sydney area? Many thanks in advance.
Old 17-06-2009, 09:19 PM

I am wanting to have fillers in my tear troughs.My injector didn't want to do it now as I am going overseas in 4 days and she is worried about bruising.

How bad is the bruising afterwards? and how long does it last?

I will be away for just over a month but really want this done prior.I am just so tires of people asking me if i am unwell or unrested.I figure the best time to get it done is when I won't have to answer questions to be people I know about the bruising.

Thanks in advance
Old 25-07-2009, 10:05 AM

[QUOTE=bgmtrans;10380]I am wanting to have fillers in my tear troughs.My injector didn't want to do it now as I am going overseas in 4 days and she is worried about bruising.

How bad is the bruising afterwards? and how long does it last?

I will be away for just over a month but really want this done prior.I am just so tires of people asking me if i am unwell or unrested.I figure the best time to get it done is when I won't have to answer questions to be people I know about the bruising.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

The one person I know who's had their tear troughs filled had a HUGE black eye that made it look like her husband had used her for karate practice ...

Needless to say after seeing her I think waiting till after your holiday is prudent.
Old 19-08-2009, 12:29 PM

Default Sydney reccomendations

Hi all... I am new to any type of fillers and would also like to have my tear troughs done. Can someone pm with recommendations for a good doctor(s) in the Sydney area? Many thanks in advance.
Old 25-09-2009, 11:06 PM

can someone pls recommend me a good practitioner for tear trough in Sydney!!!!

I had juvederm last year in October but i didn't like the results, doctor put to much on right side, it was not even and it look'd puffed up...many thanx in advance!!!!