www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > Juvederm, Restylane & Dermal Fillers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Default Are Dermal Fillers permanent

Can i get more information about dermal filler , is that permanent? how much it cost?

- VT 9th January 2009 1:48am
Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Default Permanent Dermal Fillers

Hi V,

We now exclusively uses Hyaluronic gel fillers. Their longeivty - depending on the area - is between 6-18 months. Our company has consciously decided not to use permanent fillers for several reasons the most important being:

1. The higher rate of granuloma formation (nodules under the skin which need to be surgically excised) with permanent fillers
2. The inability to reverse the fillers (except by surgical excision)
3. Most importantly I believe permanent fillers result in a poor cosemtic outcome long term. The filler used will still be in the exact same place in 20-30 years time. Unfortunately, as part of the aging process the rest of our face will sag and droop. Meaning the permanent filler will almost certainly be in the wrong place when you are older. Permanent fillers are really only have widespread use in patients with terminal conditions which result in facial wasting such as AIDS or cancer.

Filler injection is one of the most popular cosmetic medical treatments. We use Juvederm which is a clear gel composed of stabilised hyaluronic acid. There is no need for allergy testing before your treatment because Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring chemical already present in most of your body cells. Once injected, the gel acts as a filler to replace lost collagen and enhance volume for facial features. Results are instantly visible and last around 6 to 9 months. For the lips, we usually start with 1 syringe for a first-time user. This is enough to give good definition to the lip line (reducing lipstick bleeding) and create a subtle, natural enhancement. A filler veteran may request larger volumes for an even fuller, sensual look. Mild to moderate nasolabial folds require only 1 syringe for both sides, while moderate to deeper folds require 2 syringes.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Neville Lee See

[quote=CMF Webmaster;9994]Can i get more information about dermal filler , is that permanent? how much it cost?

- VT 9th January 2009 1:48am[/quote]
www.kiora.com.au
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 PM

Default Will temporary fillers make it look worse?

I've been thinking about this point.

If temporary fillers go in and puff up the skin and restore volume. What happens when they wear off?

Will the skin look worse after the gel all disappears?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM

That has always been my concern too about fillers.

The cynic in me can't help but think they were created so you have to keep going back to the same doctor every year to help pay off his or her beach house
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM
Administrator

HI starfish

This is a very common question.

Most of us believe the skin will not look worse if temporary dermal fillers like juvederm or restylane are stopped after just one or two sessions.

In fact the reverse is true.

There is reasonable evidence use of dermal fillers actually serves to enhance the skin quality and stimulate collagenesis.

Historically, some of the ancient peoples (egyptians, I think the chinese) would repetitively "needle" the face superficially damage the skin and stimulate more collagen.

By laying down dermal fillers the skin is damaged by the passing of the needle in similar fashion to the egyptians. More, importantly the hyaluronic gel can often serve to stimulate the skin to react to it and cause more collagen to be laid down. One prominent New York plastic surgeon talks about the restylane gel acting as a "spacer" to hold open the skin whilst it lays down new collagen -There is reasonable histological evidence of this phenomona.

Clinically, we see this most frequently when we lay down multiple fine sheets or threads of dermal fillers to revolumise areas with lots of fine lines (upper lip, the sad frown lines beneath the mouth, lines beneath the eyes). In my experience the skin does seem to be considerably thicker long after the dermal filler should have all worn off.

So in summary I am very confident fears of ceasing fillers and consequently making the skin worse than it ever was is unfounded. In our experience here at Kiora we have found that it serves to help improve the skin quality long term - well after the fillers has been reabsorbed.
www.kiora.com.au
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM

english please doctornev!!!!!

What exactly is permanent ischemic damage to the nose?
Old 07-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Lack of oxygen to the nose because of poor blood supply. At its worse I guess it would go white, then black and then drop off!

Not exactly a trivial risk!
www.kiora.com.au
Old 21-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Banned

Permanent Dermal Filler are made from polyacrylamide hydrogel, this dermal filler forms a soft and permanent implant under the skin once injected.