www.cosmeticmedicineforum.com  

Go Back   Cosmetic Medicine Forum | Botox Forum, Laser Forum, Juvederm Forum > Non-Invasive Cosmetic Medical Procredures > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2008, 02:07 PM

Yelp thats exactly right goonie.

Essentially you have to clean the area less and be very gentle around that area.

Just washing it more or harder will make it itchier
Old 07-12-2008, 03:31 AM

Default how is this ********

How does the treatment of this pruiritis anii fit into a ******** medicine forum goonie?

Surely you are better off on a men's health forum
Old 07-12-2008, 03:33 AM

I know its a bit weird posting that here kwan.g but I think it is kinda cosmetic. The same way been concerned about severe sweating is cosmetic and wanting to hide the sweat is cosmetic - well I think the constant urge to wash your anus is also cosmetic.

Plus I saw there were doctors moderating the forum so I figured my chances of getting an answer were good

Last edited by doctornev : 07-12-2008 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 10-12-2008, 10:39 PM

Yelp I can second the other opinions on this thread.

Washing less and been more gentle is the best way to treat the itchiness. You just have to resist the urge to keep on scratching and washing!
Old 16-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Default Pilonidal Sinus Treatment

Hi Goonie,

Although it is a bit of a stretch I can see why you think this concern does fall uinder the cosmetic heading.

Pilonidal sinus is like a chronic pruiritis (itchchiness) of the perianal area. We think there is a large anxiety component to it. Basically over cleaning of the area sensitises the skin making it itchier. Because it gets itchier the patients, usually young males, try to clean the area more and more aggressively in the belief the itchiness is caused by faecal matter or insufficient cleaning.

The treatment for this is to educate patients and encourage them to clean very gently and onyl when needed. Often baby wipes or water washing for a period of weeks helps settle the area down. In extremely bad cases a steriod cream can be used to settle down the itchiness in the short term whilst the sensistive skin is settling down.

The key to treatment is to assure the patients their cleanliness is good and not to overclean the area.
www.kiora.com.au
Old 17-12-2008, 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=Goonie;9865]Hi everyone,

I'm for Los Angeles and I've been reading the forum for quite some time. The posts on hyperhidrosis were really interesting. I had no severe sweating was a medical condition called hyperhidrosis. After reading this forum I referred on my brother for botox and he is pratically ecstatic with the results.

The hyperhidrosis threads got me thinking about other things that affect my life. Is there also a medical condition to describe an itchy bottom. Not just a little bit itchy. But the bum is just always itchy especially around the anus area. It is so bad I squirm during meetings and take extra breaks just to go to the toilet and scratch. At first I thought it was worms but I've taken 3 courses of anti-worm tablets and the bum is still maddenly itchy.

Can Botox help this too?

I've done a fair bit of searching and I'm asking because this condition is affecting me even more than my brother's hyperhidrosis.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what does this post have to do with a cosmetic medicine forum?????

Are the moderators still doing their jobs here?
Old 17-12-2008, 01:08 PM

Hmmm ok doctornev replied and legitimised this whole thread.

Just ignore the post above. Is there a way to delete your own posts?

I still don't think pruiritis ani is cosmetic though
Old 12-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Wow this general forum is becoming really really "general"

I guess itchy bums is a bad look in public so you can draw a long bow and say its cosmetic.

Interesting how doing less helps. Reminds me of when I had acne and I was advised to wash less ... at the time I was washing madly 5 times a day and probably drying out my skin too much. I guess similar issues affect the bum
Old 23-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

I think this is actually a medical condition.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:51 PM

If I'm home, I get into the shower and wash with antiseptic soap. I've been around a little alcohol wipe when I go to clean the area after cleaning. The region is dedinitely own. This is probably the most space in my own body.